LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services
Life labs is located at 95 Spring Street. The hours of operation are Monday to Friday: 7:30 am to 3:30 pm and is closed on weekends and statutory holidays.
Clinical lab testing often provides few simple answers to commonly asked questions. For more information on lab tests, patient instructions, and what to expect when visiting a LifeLabs patient service centre please visit LifeLabs.com or call the Customer Care Centre toll-free at 1-877-849-3637.
To minimize your wait time at the patient service centre, we recommend you book an appointment for your next visit using the Online Appointment Booking Service at LifeLabs.com.
LifeLabs also accepts walk-in patients. A patient greeting computer system keeps all patients in order and those waiting for lab tests will be called accordingly.
What to bring
When you visit the LifeLabs patient service centre, bring these two items:
1. Requisition form - a valid and completed Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care Laboratory Requisition form for the tests ordered by your doctor. Present this form to the medical laboratory assistant.
Things to keep in mind:
- To reduce your wait time, complete the personal information on the form ahead of time.
- Requisitions are valid for one year from the date signed by your doctor.
- If you have a Standing Order requisition (one requisition for testing to be repeated over a period of time), similarly, bring it to the patient service centre. It is also valid for one year.
- LifeLabs does not accept requisition forms issued by hospitals.
2. Valid health card - Bring your valid provincial health card each time you visit the patient service centre
- Although most routine tests are covered under your provincial health insurance plan, some tests may not be covered.
- If you forget your health card or if your card has expired, we may ask you for payment to process your tests.
- For your convenience, LifeLabs accepts these payment types: cash, cheque, Visa, MasterCard and debit card.